Ellon’s British Red Cross shop has reopened following a damaging fire.
The premises in The Square had to close after the blaze earlier this month.
The shop sustained extensive smoke damage in the outbreak around 10.15pm on Sunday, October 6.
Electrics and some new stock were also affected in the incident, which occurred six weeks after the store had undergone a revamp.
Shocked staff said at the time they could not see anything inside the property for smoke and the back door was burned through.
A large amount of stock was damaged and the store could not reopen until it had been replaced.
But the Ellon public have rallied round and thanks to generous donations the premises opened again for business last Thursday.
Manager Elma Hay told the Times; “Our customers have been very good, they stood by us and we have received many new donations for which we are very grateful.
“We recycled the clothes which were smoke-damaged and now have some lovely clothes in their place. People have been very good to us.”
“There are still some repairs and painting to be done, but we have been extremely busy since we reopened which is great to see.”
A 17-year-old girl and a 15-year-old youth were reported to the relevant authorities in connection with the fire.