Colony Park weekend round-up

editorial image

With a near wipe out of fixtures on Saturday, following the wet spell and waterlogged pitches, only Colony Park U17s survived as their match against Fraserburgh was on the Sports Centre 3G surface.

The Park knew were up against second place Fraserburgh in the league and were expecting a tough match.

Colony got off to the perfect start when they were awarded a penalty in the first minute. Mike DONALDSON stepped up and calmly beat the keeper.

raserburgh came close on a number of occasions but the Colony defence were standing firm and Colony doubled their lead on the half hour when an Ally Blair pass released Dale RENNIE and he blasted in from 15 yards.

Within three minutes Fraserburgh pulled one back, but Colony got their third with two minutes of the half remaining when Drew Marshall found BLAIR and he dribbled into the box and unleashed a powerful shot.

Into the second half and Fraserburgh threw everything they had at Colony, pulling back another goal early in the half. However Colony kept their passing game going and scored the decisive goal with 20 minutes left. Mark Aitken sent a deep pass into Fraserburgh territory and Ben Green headed into the path of MARSHALL, who charged into the box and beat the keeper.

The U15 Colony Colts were in Stonehaven Cup action again on Sunday, hosting B league side Portlethen at Davidson park. Unfortunately there was to be no repeat of the giant killing act of round one as the visitors won 7-1.

The match wasn’t as one sided as the scoreline suggests, with the Colony side showing a lot of fight and playing some good football, even in the closing stages when behind they didn’t resort to long punts up the pitch.

Jamie REID scored the Colts’ goal midway through the first half and they did create further chances with Beverley seeing his efforts well saved by the Portlethen keeper.

The Colony U14 Colts were in action at Longside and went down 6-1in their C League Fixture

Culter Utd hosted Colony Park U13s in the league, a re-match of Colony’s third round Scottish Cup fixture and once again proved to be a close match with the team who took their chances running out as winners.

After a bright start from Colony they found themselves 3-0 down at half time with the game flowing from end to end.

Colony then started the second half in a more determined mood and managed to pull two goals back through Connor KILOH and Cole GOODWIN. Culter managed to scramble a fourth goal which proved to be the decisive blow.