Ellon Amateurs hit Torry for six

Ellon A.F.C. took on Torry United at the Meadows in an Aberdeen FC Trophy fixture.

The tie had to be switched from Inverdee due to bad weather in Aberdeen overnight making the surface unplayable.

Torry United sit top of their division following the early season games so a hard fought encounter was expecte.

But Ellon took advantage of the unexpected home game and ran riot.

Despite losing players tthrough injury they coasted to a comfortable 6-0 victory.

Torry started brightly with a good run by Smith leading to a through ball to Milne but the winger sent his effort past

In seven minutes Ellon took the lead when a cross from Robertson found McShea lurking at the far post and his cross cum shot was tapped home by Smith.

Torry were still dangerous and Wilson on the left was causing the home side some difficulties but after 15 minutes he missed a great chance to level things.

The away side would rue this miss as after 22 minutes Ellon doubled their advantage when McShea challenged the keeper for a Robertson cross and the ball broke to MacNeill two yards out and the big striker tapped home to open his account for Ellon.

Dickinson in the Ellon goal had to look lively to stop efforts from Wilson and McHattie as Torry battled back into the game.

Ellon lost the influential Irvine after he collided with the post and he was replaced by Urquhart just before the half hour.

A dreadful error by the Torry defence gifted Robertson a chance to wrap things up but both his efforts were blocked.

Half time 2-0

After 10 minutes of the second period Ellon lost another player to injury as Finnie pulled up with a muscle strain and on came Gran Morrison at left back.

Two minutes later Ellon were three up when McShea found Robertson and when his effort was blocked up stepped MacNeill to bag his second and put Ellon on easy street.

The game really turned in Ellon’s favour when Torry lost their keeper with an injury and with no sub keeper an outfield player went in.

Ellon wasted no time in taking advantage when Laird fired in a blistering 30 yard effort which no keeper would have saved.

MacNeill missed a great chance close in for his hat-trick but Ellon’s fifth was not far away as Urquhart played in Lee Morrison who walked the ball into the net.

Ellon sent on Taylor for MacNeill who was beginning to tire in his first game for some time.

A high ball into the opposition box by Laird put the sub keeper under pressure and he dropped the ball allowing Robertson the easiest of chances to make it six.

Longmuir came on for the last 10 minutes for McShea as Ellon took their foot off the pedal and comfortably saw the game out.

Final Score 6-0 Ellon

A good result for Ellon but they will play harder opposition than this as the season progresses. But you can only beat what is put in front of you and any 6-0 victory is welcome.